Hobnet European research project
Hobnet is a European research project gathering several European research partners. It will explore the potential of IPv6 for wreess sensor networks and green buildings. The main objective of HOBNET is to ease and maximize the use of FIRE platforms by multidisciplinary developers of Future Internet applications focused on automation and energy efficiency for smart/green buildings. The project's research addresses algorithmic, networking and application development aspects of Future Internet systems of tiny embedded devices:
- an all IPv6/6LoWPAN infrastructure of buildings and how IPv6 can integrate heterogeneous technology (sensors, actuators, mobile devices etc)
- 6lowApp and its standardization towards a new embedded application protocol for building automation
- novel algorithmic models and scalable solutions for energy efficiency and radiation-awareness, data dissemination, localization and mobility
- rapid development and integration of building management applications
- support for the deployment and monitoring of resulting applications on FIRE test beds.
Key research innovations will be experimentally validated in real environment. Developed algorithms and technology solutions will be tested via deploying large numbers of diverse smart devices at the buildings and FIRE test-beds. These tests will also provide real data traces towards accurate models. A repository of implemented algorithms and a multipurpose building automation demonstration for connecting with external activities will be provided.